Saturday, February 21, 2009

EXTREME BEER FEST

NIGHT OF THE BARRELS
at the Cyclorama in Boston, MA
click image to be re-directed to photo gallery


Day 1, the Night of the Barrels in a word, Amazing. It was my hope to have this post up by the end of the night- Last Night! - but the combination of Extreme beer and the barbecued Turkey leg at the Roadhouse in Brookline afterwards had an effect on me that I can only imagine would be like shooting smack.

We sampled tons of great beer last night and I will be reporting on them in the next few days. The big winner for me on Barrel Night, day 1 was Founder’s Brewing Company offering the “Hand of Doom”, their Double Trouble IPA aged in bourbon barrels. It wasn’t that this beer blew away everything else, but it was the most unusual. Some other winners: Lost Abbey’s “Funky Duck” and “Red Poppy Ale” and Veritas 004, Stone’s Cognac-Aged “Double Bastard”, Ithaca’s “Very Old Habit” and Captain Lawrence’s “Fool’s Gold”.
Images from the late night session at the Roadhouse!
click image to be re-directed to the gallery then, click slideshow!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I feel honored for having made your acquaintance at EBF. If ever I am in NYC, I will be sure to stop by The Gate and say HI! I'm sure Ruby will make her appearance before we meet again - CONGRATULATIONS!! btw - GREAT PHOTOS!

-Amanda (wife of your 'twin' in Beantown)

joe said...

The pleasure was all mine! Your old man speaks highly of you all the time so, it was great to meet you! I hope to be able to get up to the next Barbecue so you can meet my lady and Ruby.